To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we are asking all DP World Staff and Site Visitors/Services to adhere to the following:
From a preventative perspective:
- If you have travelled outside of Canada since March 12th, you must self-isolate for 14 days prior to visiting our sites.
- STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK: Now and always during cold and flu season, stay home if you are sick. Encourage those you know are sick to stay home until they no longer have symptoms.
- MONITOR FOR SYMPTOMS: If you experience cold and or flu-like symptoms at work, please notify your manager and go home.
- ELIMINATE TOUCHING: Since respiratory viruses, such as the one that causes COVID-19, are spread through contact, change your regular greeting. Instead of a handshake, a kiss or a hug, a friendly wave is less likely to expose you to respiratory viruses.
- PRACTICE HAND HYGIENE: Practice frequent hand hygiene and coughing/sneezing etiquette. There are hand washing stations in several locations across our sites.
- DISINFECT SURFACES OFTEN: Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as doorknobs.
- AVOID CROWDS AND MASS GATHERINGS: Respiratory illnesses like COVID-19 spread quickly in crowded spaces. Avoiding crowds can reduce the spread of infection.
Should you need to be onsite, please adhere to the following Social/Physical Distancing Actions / Guidelines:
- Avoid non-essential face-to-face interactions, including meetings, social gatherings, training sessions etc.
- Use the telephone, video conferencing and the internet to conduct business as much as possible – even when participants are in the same building
- If a face-to-face meeting with people is essential, minimize the meeting time, choose a large meeting space (go outside), and sit at least two metres away from each other
- Open windows and doors whenever possible to make sure the room is well ventilated
- Avoid shaking hands or hugging
For the most current information on COVID-19 please visit:
- Assessment of the local situation — Vancouver Coastal Health http://www.vch.ca/covid-19
- Assessment of the global situation — World Health Organization https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Stay healthy, and please let us know should you have any questions.
Thank you for your cooperation.